- When schools foster socioemotional development (SED), students are more likely to thrive in high school and beyond.
- Many 'school quality' measures miss the important ways in which high schools foster student thriving.
- School climate is strongly and positively tied to school effectiveness.
- Effective schools are rigorous and relationship-oriented.
- High schools that fostered eighth- to ninth-grade student growth across multiple dimensions positively influenced students’ social and academic tra