For the first time, the UChicago Consortium's annual survey of the Chicago Public Schools also included a survey of eleventh- and twelfth-grade students. In previous years, only students from grades 6-10 were interviewed. For the 2005 survey, sophomores and juniors were queried about their plans for after high school.
Just as with our regular survey, schools with sufficient participation rates are given individual school reports detailing the survey results for their school. These reports are confidential and are not used for any accountability purposes. They are an excellent resource for school planning.
Results from the individual school reports on post-secondary preparation are displayed in six categories:
- Seniors' plans and aspirations
- Teacher and counselor support
- School support for post-secondary planning
- Ninth to twelfth grade student participation in post-secondary activities
- Seniors' academic orientation
- Parental support for post-secondary planning