Please tell us a little about how you would like to use this survey.
Creative Commons License
By clicking "Request Survey(s)" below, you agree to abide by the terms of the Non Commercial License for Use of 5Essentials Survey Content. The University of Chicago licenses the use of the 5Essentials Survey under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License (CC BY_NC 3.0). The CC BY license allows subsequent users to copy, distribute, adapt, and republish the surveys for noncommercial purposes only, provided they attribute it in the manner specified by The University of Chicago. Examples of approved and prohibited uses follow. (To review the full legal text of the license, see the Appendix on pages 2-5 in the document linked above.)
This license allows you to use 5Essentials Survey content for the following purposes ONLY IF the enterprise is for school improvement or research purposes and NOT a commercial venture.
- You may conduct surveys of students, teachers or principals in classrooms, schools or districts.
- You may use survey items as content in other surveys.
- You may modify survey items (create Derivative Works) but must accept and agree to be bound by the terms of this license for these Derivative Works and include credit to the University of Chicago Consortium on School Research.
This license does not entitle any individual or entity to:
- Display 5Essentials Survey content to the public without including the Required Consortium Citation as given below.
- Claim any 5Essentials Survey content as their own intellectual property.
- Provide any third party with a license to use 5Essentials Survey content.
- Use 5Essentials Survey content without a license.
- Use 5Essentials Survey content for commercial purposes.
Required Consortium Citation
University of Chicago. [YEAR OF THE PARTICULAR SURVEY]. 5Essentials® Survey. Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Consortium on School Research.
Using the 5Essentials® Survey without the explicit permission of The University of Chicago is strictly prohibited. To report any instances of such use or to obtain a license, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.